Sunday, November 30, 2014

Me? A Blogger?


As I was getting ready to get a plan together I was looking through several blogs of people who have lost weight, and most of them had lost a significant amount of weight before they began blogging. While their information was great, I thought 'hey, it would be neat if someone had started from the beginning.' To be honest some of them may have, I just didn't have the patience to scroll through and find out. So, I decided to be that person. I've always felt that after I lost weight, I would 'pay-it-forward' by helping others do the same. But why wait? If this blog can help someone on the way, then great! I hope it does. Just so you know, this is a big step in shutting up those negative voices in my head, and not with cake this time. This time it was with brownies...

What are your favorite blogs or websites?
 Here are a few blogs that I check out on a regular basis:
http://heidipowell.net/
http://poorpaleo.com/
http://authenticallyemmie.com/

Fashionista-Wanna-Be
I love a good skirt. I once had this cute circle skirt that was pink and flowed so nicely. It reminded me of the innocence of youth and girlhood. When my friend decided to teach me how to sew a month ago, I jumped on the chance to make an awesome circle skirt.

Necklace: Lane Bryan
Jacket: Torrid
Shirt: A.N.A.
Skirt: Mine (hangs head in shame)
Tights: TJ Maxx
Shoes: Too old to remember

It definitely flows... I think next time I'll sew a pillow or something, and then work back up to skirts.


Last Week Follow Up
At two points last week every stitch of laundry was complete and put away.
I made a menu and for this week that is clean (except for meat balls & coffee creamer).
I shopped the list made from the menu.
My walking partner walked 1.5 miles one day last week.
I lost .6 pounds.
I made a pan of brownies as a 'last hurrah' and ate two. Which also happened to be half of the pan.

Meet Woodstock. My walking partner.
It occurred to me during our walk that Woodstock  will have to also adjust to this lifestyle change. We've never really 'walked' him, only took him outside to do  his business. That may be why he felt the urge to try to pee ever 5 yards. On the other hand, he did see a duck up close and personal on our walk. He was certainly intrigued, to say the least.

This Week's Plan
  • Cook at least two nights this week.
  • Keep up with the laundry (although it NEVER ENDS).
  • Walk 1.5 miles with my walking buddy on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
  •  Limit (perhaps cut out) caffeine.
  • Eek out some creativity time!
  • Mantra of the week: I'm worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment